- HFA Cayman Islands Chapter Director
Partner in the Investment Management Practice, KPMG
Colin is a Partner in the Investment Management practice of the Cayman Islands firm, specializing in providing audit and related services to alternative investment vehicles.
Professional and industry experience
With 16+ years in the industry, Colin’s client base has included alternative investment vehicles domiciled in the Cayman Islands and BVI, managed by US based investment advisors. Colin is past Head of Learning and Development for the firm and leads the firm’s knowledge management initiatives involving the alternative investments industry.
Colin works with the US firm of KPMG on numerous multi-firm arrangement engagements across the Fort Worth, New York, Boston and Salt Lake City offices.
Colin is a Canadian Chartered Accountant and is registered as a CPA in the state of Illinois and is a CFA charter holder.
- Application of U.S. GAAP and IFRS Accounting Standards
- Experience with onshore and offshore investment products
- Chair of AI Knowledge Management team for the Cayman office
- Thought leadership and speaking engagements
- Colin participates regularly in industry roundtables, conferences and other events, both in the Cayman Islands as well as overseas.
- Colin is Co-Director of the Hedge Funds Association (HFA) Cayman Chapter
- Colin is a member of Cayman Finance’s Policy and Strategy Committee
- Colin serves on Executive Council of the Cayman Islands Society of Professional Accountants and is a member of its Professional Practice Subcommittee.
- Colin is a past member of the board of directors of the CFA Society of the Cayman Islands.